Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Well water

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PORTAGE
    Posts
    1,679

    Well water

    Anyone here that has well water? If you do what kind of RO-DI set up do you use?
    Tankless

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by skjohn98 View Post
    Anyone here that has well water? If you do what kind of RO-DI set up do you use?
    Yes sir. I have 500-600 tds coming into prefilters. I first used a brs water saver setup. Then I found out that 2 r/o filters like they have lead to less waste but higher tds after r/o.Like 18. So I took one off to make it a single setup. I get 6 tds after r/o now. Second issue DI. I am sure I have some co2 in water cause the di only lasts probably 300 gallons. So I am going to try using cation di in first two cannisters and then mixed in second two to lower co2 and prolong DI. A better solution but I do not have the room, is to take water out of r/o into a holding tank. Aerate the water for 24hrs then pump thru DI filters and then they will last a long time.
    Sorry it's long but just wanted to share my experience on well. I would also get tds meter for after every filter so you really know whats up. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PORTAGE
    Posts
    1,679
    Do you run any kind of filter on your water before it gets to your ro-di ?
    Tankless

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by skjohn98 View Post
    Do you run any kind of filter on your water before it gets to your ro-di ?
    I run a whole house filter a sediment and a carbon. Donít need carbon though as we have no chlorine in well water.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PORTAGE
    Posts
    1,679
    Do you have any pictures? I would love to see your set up
    john
    Quote Originally Posted by FPSD View Post
    Yes sir. I have 500-600 tds coming into prefilters. I first used a brs water saver setup. Then I found out that 2 r/o filters like they have lead to less waste but higher tds after r/o.Like 18. So I took one off to make it a single setup. I get 6 tds after r/o now. Second issue DI. I am sure I have some co2 in water cause the di only lasts probably 300 gallons. So I am going to try using cation di in first two cannisters and then mixed in second two to lower co2 and prolong DI. A better solution but I do not have the room, is to take water out of r/o into a holding tank. Aerate the water for 24hrs then pump thru DI filters and then they will last a long time.
    Sorry it's long but just wanted to share my experience on well. I would also get tds meter for after every filter so you really know whats up. Hope this helps.
    Tankless

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PORTAGE
    Posts
    1,679
    Do you have a water softener?
    Tankless

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    133
    I run it after softner. I just did something different. Added two cartridges filled with anion first. Two with cation second.
    Anion eats up co2. So 200gals I went thru one cart of anion. Now I will refill that one and move cart two to first in line. Should save money in long run. I’ll get you pics tomorrow. In Kentucky till Sunday night.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PORTAGE
    Posts
    1,679
    Where do you get your DI resin?
    Tankless

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    133
    BRS in bulk

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    133
    B4E3279C-B63F-4939-83E6-CD0F87D631C6.jpgLeft to right: whole house-sediment-carbon-carbon ^ r/o- 2 di’s filled With anion- 2 more with cation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
The NorthWest Indiana Marine Aquarium Club is a group of local individuals dedicated to marine fish and reef-keeping. Our goal is to share knowledge and information, to help each other to make smart choices, and to promote responsible aquarium husbandry while providing a forum to get fast answers from trusted friends. We are further dedicated to the conservastion of marine animal life by promoting the trading of tank raised animals, working with local stores on issues regarding our hobby, and promoting sustainabilty within our natural reefs.
Join us