Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite LFS

Administrator

Favorite LFS

What’s your favorite local fish store and your favorite online supplier?
    Tankless

I'd have to say my favorite LFS is The Ark Pet Shop for multiple reasons, but I tend to go to a few stores. As for online, Bulk Reef Supply for other things I need/want if I cannot get it locally, but nothing in the way of buying coral online (something I have yet to do). What are your favorites, John?

Administrator
    I have more then one
    the Ark is good for a close place
    Aquatica in Tinley Park is a great shop, plus the Italian deli and the bakery in the same strip mall is a great plus
    reefwise is an awesome store lots of corals and lots of fish you don’t normally see
    Aquapros is a good shop great prices and usually a good selection
    Pet Haven I like them because they have fresh water too

bulk reef supply
    then Dr Foster but only dry goods

then frag swaps oh do I like frag swaps
    Tankless

Nice list, John. Aquatica is on my list of places I still want to visit. Reefwise is just amazing for corals, but my wallet takes a big hit anytime I go there.

Has anyone made it out to Chicagoland Aquariums (Kush Corals for their coral sales side)?

Administrator
    I would like to go see Kush corals
    Tankless

I've been there, its not as nice as The Ark or Aquatica, but he (Kush) gives better deals when he doesnt need to ship... I was there over the summer and he had some amazing nems that I was drooling over...

Administrator
    I have to put on my must do list
    Tankless

Where is he located. This was the guy who used to work at Aquatica and has all the tattoos?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    75 Gallon mixed reef, Trigger Systems Ruby 30S, Lifereef SVS3-24 Skimmer, Eheim 1262, 2x AI Vega LED Lights, 2x Jebao RW-8 powerheads

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    I've been there, its not as nice as The Ark or Aquatica, but he (Kush) gives better deals when he doesnt need to ship... I was there over the summer and he had some amazing nems that I was drooling over...
    Sounds like it is worth the trip still. The flower nems have been calling to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mlott132 View Post
    Where is he located. This was the guy who used to work at Aquatica and has all the tattoos?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    He is over in Bradley, IL, just north of Kankakee. I think I remember someone saying he used to work at Aquatica (and he does have a good bit of tattoos).

Administrator
    Sounds like a road trip to me, there then up to Aquatica the over to Robs and maybe even Chicago fish and Coral
    Tankless