Thread: New to The Club - Check Out My Tank!

New to The Club - Check Out My Tank!

Hello, this is my 90g reef tank. A large part of my interest revolves around engineering my system and of course the chemistry.
    1.jpg
    On the left you see my electronics box protruding off the side of the cabinet. On the right is a BRS Dual reactor plumbed separate off a return pump manifold.As well as my ATO reservoir.
    2.jpg
    I just recently discovered that I my BRS RODI unit was not plumbed correctly and i have been using what is virtually tap water. Basically stunting Chaetomorpha growth and accelerating Cyano growth. Yayyy....
    3.jpg
    Under the hood I have a custom sump with glass baffles. Plus a cheap old SCA-303 protein skimmer. I am running the Avast Marine ATO and highly recommend them!

I will add more onto this thread soon! Please feel free to ask about any of my modifications!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ReefNerd; 09-15-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Nice tank. Welcome! Adding coral soon?

I have 3 toadstool leather corals and 2 separate green tipped hammer heads, each with multiple heads. There is also a small group of Zoas on a Frag plug in the tank. The zoas never really had a chance from the start due to Zoanthid eating nudies. I like to think that i have been training in the art of maintaining stable water parameters for the day that i move to stony corals. No rush here though.
    4.jpg
    This is the electronics box that i mentioned above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (96.2 KB, 6 views)

Administrator
    Welcome! Sorry things have been extremely slow. Summer is always downtime for us. There are a few local frag swaps coming up soon - you can check those out and meet up with other hobbyists! Hopefully we'll be resuming meetings soon.
    240g FOWLR - complete!, WIP 125g reef/inverts, WIP 30g/20g mantis.

Howdy! Those are awesome tanks.