Thread: So whats up people?

So whats up people?

So back 3 years ago I decided to get into a reef tank. Lack of knowledge and time prevented me from diving in. I came to a couple meetings and met Ryan. This club was really busy at the time.
    Now I get my tank going and would love to meet people and get some local corals and just BS about the hobby. But no one is here anymore. I get people are busy. I am guessing that their are many people in the area wanting to do the same. At the very least can we get the forum active. I would love that I can stay local instead of traveling to Illinois for coral. I gladly support The Ark. Paul and John have been great. But as always we want to save money or get that special coral from someone. I wish I could contribute more time to the club but being on the road almost every weekend with my DD playing fastpitch softball I cannot. I still have time to BS trade or help peeps during the week.
    Please don't take this negatively. I am trying to wake people up in this region and get this club rolling again.Again just answering people or posting something new you seen and then someone responding shows a pulse. What do you think? My name is Tom and I think I am addicted.LOL. Hello!

So if anyone wants to get together and BS or come check out my tank feel free to message me. I will be going to harvest frag swap also if someone wants to carpool. Would love to see the club get more active peeps.

Yeah the club has lost a lot of its prime members since its golden days. The hobby has a ton of ups and downs as you will find out if you stick with it for a long enough period of time or through enough good and bad times. Summer months are usually pretty dead around the forums and the winter usually brings more people in.
    -Dan
    -tr1gger's IM Nuvo 25g Lagoon
    -Responsible for the "The Great NWIMAC Crash of 2008"-

Thanks for the reply! I get it. Their are always new people coming in and old hobbyists coming back. Just looking to get the BB back active at least.

New to the club!

tr1ger, its funny that you say the Summer months are slow because I plan a lot of my tank work around the winter months. I also ensure everything is dialed in before summer comes because I know that I will be busy.

New to the forums and this community seems very lively before.

NWIMAC Supporter
    yeah, club is in a downturn right now. Hopefully ti picks up soon,
    Reefers helping fellow reefers. Not Reefers making the quickest buck off fellow reefers.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/25hfv2e.jpg