Thread: Ozone

Administrator

Ozone

Does anyone use ozone, I know at one time big evil did, if you use how did you like it or did you?
    Tankless

NWIMAC Supporter
    I stopped because I didn't think it was helping a ton. I think you need a really high end unit to see results. I never ran it on the 120 gallon and that was my most successful tank ever.
    Reefers helping fellow reefers. Not Reefers making the quickest buck off fellow reefers.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/25hfv2e.jpg

Isn't it also very dangerous? Ozone is toxic to humans in large amounts. I know it's a component in smog in big cities and cause Asthma and throat irritation. I remember reading an article and reef 2 Reef how a guy said his ozone ate through his airline and T splitter. I'm with Mike on this one maybe for bigger systems but look how successful he was without running one. Do your research and check out the positives over the negatives.
    Stay Salty

NWIMAC Supporter
    yep, you need a "scrubber" to take the ozone out of the air after it runs through your reactor and that always made me nervous too. I wouldn't mess with it. Through that extra money into better lights, or better flow.
    Reefers helping fellow reefers. Not Reefers making the quickest buck off fellow reefers.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/25hfv2e.jpg