Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tr1ggers IM 25g Nuvo Lagoon!

Re: Tr1ggers IM 25g Nuvo Lagoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius
    Tr1ggers where do you get those Acropora if you don't mind me asking. I'm currently having to go through internet vendors to get anything unique and staying local would be best.
    All from online vendors. Local selection is very sparse. There are some Illinois shops but by the time you do gas and some tolls $45 shipping doesn't look too bad.
    -Dan
    -tr1gger's IM Nuvo 25g Lagoon
    -Responsible for the "The Great NWIMAC Crash of 2008"-

Nice setup! When did you get back out this way? IIRC, you were at Ubisoft?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawkFan
    Thanks! March of 2015

I was at a few places out there, 2k games, ubisoft, zynga, EA blah blah. Came back home for the family business. Not as pretty here but Family comes first.
    -Dan

Quote Originally Posted by tr1gger
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawkFan
    Thanks! March of 2015

I was at a few places out there, 2k games, ubisoft, zynga, EA blah blah. Came back home for the family business. Not as pretty here but Family comes first.
    Definitely!
    Keep the pics coming, the tank looks great!!!

So tank update. I went kinda fast and wild and as we all know in this hobby that is not always the best and introduced some bryopsis into the tank. That spread fairly quickly and caused a large break out. I was pretty bummed out and lost most of my zoas and palys as they slowly got choked out.

I am sure if you have ever dealt with bryopsis its just about the worst to deal with. So i cut out what remaining corals I had that were unaffected and replaced all my rocks with Real Reef shipped in from Premium Aquatics.

If you remember I had Walt Smith 2.0 which was quickly discontinued as there was some kind of issue in the manufacturing process. After a year the "rock" began to crumble away and basically leave a concrete look and lose its paint or coating and really become susceptible to algae's and such. Hopefully I will have better luck with Real Reef.

I had also purchased a pair of Long Fin Clowns, 1 of which died just after their 14 day guarantee. So yeah, its been a rough stretch for the tank. But, that is how this hobby goes.

I am currently looking into other lighting solutions as I have been running this light for close to 2 years and its just not yielding the results I have been wanting.

Last edited by tr1gger; 07-28-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    -Dan

Administrator
    Dan
    where did you get the long finned clowns from?
    Tankless

Quote Originally Posted by skjohn98 View Post
    Dan
    where did you get the long finned clowns from?
    https://www.coralreeftn.com/

They are SA clowns, you can catch them on sale sometimes. I got them as a non pair. One just got sickly and wouldn't eat. They were doing well and seemed to be pairing up. It was unfortunate.
    -Dan